Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Have you ever had the Weight Watchers Sante Fe Rice and Beans?

That is one of my favorite quick fix "tv dinners". I tried to make up my own home version and it wasn't bad, but it could use something else. Give me your thoughts.

I mixed together the following ingredients in a bowl:
4 cups of long cooking rice
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
a little garlic
1 can of mexican style tomotoes (with green chilis)
1 - 1 1/2 cups of green onions

I spread it in a 9x13 and topped with mexican cheese and baked until heated through and the cheese was melted.

It was good but it needs a little something more. I would like to had flavor with out necessarily adding heat (though how I love spice), because I would like to be able to serve this to my toddler too. Please give my your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment